The Salvation Army North Toronto Community Church
exists to share the love of Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in our community.
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Meet Our Leaders:
Captain Curtis Metcalf
Captain Erin Metcalf
The present site
of North Toronto Community Church of The Salvation Army was first occupied in 1888 for a brief period. At that time the intersection of Yonge and Eglinton was a quiet country area, very different from the busy intersection we know today where thousands of people pass by each day.
This was the first attempt to establish a corps at the corner of Cow Bell Lane and Eglinton. The corps failed and the building was used for a few years until being converted to a "Prison Gate Home" and soon later taken down.
the north end of Toronto had grown rapidly and the NTCC was born again. Three Salvationists, Mrs. Jupp Sr. and Mr. and Mrs. S.H. Mattick appealed to headquarters, and the interest from the community, and were able to create the corps we attend today.
The site of 7 Eglinton Ave had the second building constructed in 1918, then replaced with a more modern structure in 1953, followed by two renovations until the building was taken down in 2015 as part of the Eglinton Subway Project.
2016 and on...
Today we share a building with St.Peters Estonian Lutheran Church at 817 Mount Pleasant.
The Salvation Army is at work in over 130 countries around the world. In Canada, The Salvation Army began its operations in 1882 and has grown to become one of the largest direct providers of social services in the country.
The Salvation Army North Toronto Community Church has been present in the Yonge and Eglinton area for over 100 years. It’s our mission to serve our local community in spiritual and practical ways.